Monday 21 July 2014

Courgettes stuffed with chanterelles and serrano ham

I like wandering around the Boquería food market and look for vegetables or fruits, which I simply can not find in other places. Without doubt, this is where you can buy all sorts of weird edible things. I don't know if you realise that many Spaniards do not know what rhubarb or gooseberry look like, have no idea about the existence of redcurrants and do not distinguish blackcurrants from blueberries. Buying these fruits is practically impossible here, but sometimes at Boquería, there are such ''unusual things'' - last year, for example, I found there rhubarb; unfortunately its price: 10 euros per 1 kg, totally scared me off. During my last stroll through Boquería,  I found neither the currants nor the berries, but I noticed round courgettes, which are not common here at all. As soon as I saw them, I thought of stuffing them with chanterelles and serrano ham. So, with purchased courgettes I went straight to the stand with mushrooms. Finally, I returned home with neither currants nor blueberries, but with excellent idea for delicious dinner:).



Ingredients (for 3 courgettes):

3 round courgettes
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
200 g chanterelles
1 slice of serrano ham
70 g cheddar cheese
a few leaves of fresh or dried sage
2 tablespoons of olive oil or butter
salt and freshly ground pepper


Method:

Wash the courgettes and dry them with paper towel. Slice the tops off and then using a small spoon scoop out the flesh. 


Rinse and dry gently the chanterelles, then chop them. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add chopped onion and garlic. After 3 minutes, add the chanterelles and fry until water evaporates. Add serrano ham, cut into small strips. After 2 minutes, add chopped courgette flesh. Fry for 1-2 minutes, then add chopped sage leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the frying pan from the heat and add grated cheddar cheese (you can leave some cheese to sprinkle later the top of courgettes). Mix well. 


Place the hollowed courgettes for 10 minutes in the oven preheated to 200ºC. Fill the pre-baked courgettes with the stuffing, sprinkle with cheese and put them back in the oven, this time for about 20 minutes.





Enjoy !!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job, it’s a great post. The info is good to know! high quality organic rice suppliers in USA Its always good to learn tips like you share for blog posting. As I just started posting comments for blog and facing problem of lots of rejections. I think your suggestion would be helpful for me. I will let you know if its work for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, you've covered so many bases. Good stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog. pakistani rice Great work buddy, keep it up

    ReplyDelete